One thing you will notice while you are here is that Cheap New York City Hotels will be fairly easy to find. There areon practically every other block. But the real question you’re asking is, how do we find the best deal?
The truth is, your best bet to get a good deal is to book the stay in advance, and don’t stay at a place that is right in the middle of all the tourism, like Times Square. The further away from Times Square you get, the cheaper thewill be. Everywhere in Manhattan is walkable, so even if you’re a couple of blocks away from the area you want to visit, it won’t be a big deal to just walk there.
Another way to get a great deal onwould be to stay at some of the lesser known hotels, rather than the larger name ones. Of course the overall quality of the rooms might not be the same, but I have yet to encounter a bad room in New York City.
Top 5 New York City Hotel Deals Under $150
Second Home on Second Avenue
- This is one of my favorite places to stay. It is located at 221 Second Avenue, between 13th and 14th streets. They have different themed rooms, such as Tribal, Carribean, Peruvian, Modern, and more. Prices range from $80-$150 per night.
Union Square Inn
- Very nice place that always has some friendly, and interesting people staying there. The rooms themselves are pretty big, in comparison to other rooms across the city, so that’s always a plus. It is very close to Union Square. It is located at 209 East 14th street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues. Prices range from $90 to $150 per night.
- This little place has laid claim to be the oldest hotel in the entire city, and it could very well be true. The rooms are small, but cozy. This hotel is mainly great because of its location, which happens to be right in the heart of SoHo. It’s very close to Chinatown, Little Italy, and SoHo itself. Located at 341 Broome street, and rooms start at $93 per night.
- One of the newer hotels looking to cash in on people looking for cheap rooms. They have about 120 rooms, which are small to medium in size, and are always very neat, and clean. Great place to stay if all you need is to sleep. They do also have larger rooms upon request, which are also excellent 2 level mini lofts which start at $129 per night. This hotel is located at 95 West Broadway.
- This place has the cheapest rooms I have run into, with rates starting at $79 for a single room. The furniture in these rooms looks like it came from a flea market, which adds a nice touch to the decor of the room. Located at 46 West 17th Street, between 5th and 6th avenues.
There you have it,at its best and cheapest.